Government guidance is clear: ‘Stay alert, control the virus, save lives’. This loss of personal freedom is quite a challenge. The Government’s more detailed list of what this means we can and can’t do can be found by clicking here.
Working from home
After our weeks of HarperLees working from home, we developed our top 5 tips:
- Maintain working hours. Create a schedule and stick to it. It is too easy to keep working until 10pm.
- Schedule regular breaks and take them. Even if is just a trip downstairs to make a drink. Enjoy having a proper break for lunch.
- Ensure you have a pleasant workspace. Regardless of the space available, keep it as comfy and tidy as you can and ensure everything you need is in one place.
- Keep in contact with the rest of your team. Video calls are important. Around the office you would catch up for a chat, that shouldn’t change.
- Set realistic goals. Work may be more difficult, with slower IT connections or through not having that face to face contact.