The complete guide for
5 important lessons that Napoleon can teach you about growing your wealth
In 1793, a vast army of the French First Republic locked horns with a combined force of Royalists and their foreign allies at the port city of Toulon. It was in this battle that a young artillery officer caught the attention of his superiors, demonstrating not only a high level of organisational skill, but also tactical brilliance and the charisma needed to inspire his men.
This officer was, of course, Napoleon Bonaparte, and the Siege of Toulon would be the first major stepping stone in his long and glorious career.
When you’re looking for tips for growing your wealth, Napoleon isn’t the first person you might think of. Yet, his innovative and dynamic style of leadership can teach you many valuable lessons.
Read our latest guide to learn more about Napoleon and why he can teach you the importance of:
- Having reserves to protect against unexpected shocks
- Keeping an eye on inflation
- Understanding your attitude to risk
- Diversifying your assets
- Making an informed decision.
Download your copy of 5 lessons that Napoleon can teach you about your growing your wealth to learn more.
If you have any questions about investments or your financial plan, please contact us.
The complete guide for
Buying your first home can seem complicated. There’s a lot to think about and it’s a huge milestone. If you’re perplexed by the jargon or aren’t sure where to start, this guide will take you through the process and offer tips to help you become a homeowner.
The guide covers:
- How much deposit you need and the best ways to save
- How the Help-to-Buy Equity Loan Scheme works
- Understanding how much you can borrow through a mortgage and what a “mortgage in principle” is
- The different types of mortgages and the impact of interest rates
- Tips for improving your chances of securing a mortgage
- The homebuying process.
Download The complete guide for first-time buyers to learn more.
If you have any questions about buying your first home and securing a mortgage, please contact us.
Leaving an inheritance vs
Gifting during your lifetime
Have you thought about how you’ll pass wealth on to those who are important to you? Traditionally, this has been done through inheritance, but it’s becoming more common to gift during your lifetime.
Our latest guide explains why more families are choosing to gift during their lifetime and the pros and cons of each option. Whichever option you decide is right for you, our guide will enable you to fully understand your situation and make sure your wishes are carried out, and will explain everything from writing a will to calculating the long-term impact of gifting.
It can be difficult to think about how you’ll pass on wealth to loved ones, but it’s important to set out a plan.
Download Leaving an inheritance vs gifting during your lifetime to discover the steps you should take.
If you have any questions about passing on wealth, contact us.
The guide to later-life
Planning and care
When you think about your future, how far ahead do you plan? Perhaps you’ve thought about what your life will look like in 10 years, but have you considered your later years?
While retirement planning is common, it’s often the early years of retirement that people focus on. However, your needs and lifestyle wishes can change drastically over a retirement that could last decades. It’s just as important to think about how you’ll spend your later years as those first years when you are still celebrating retirement.
You can download The guide to later-life planning and care to start thinking about your long-term plan. It’s here to help you understand why it’s important and what steps you can take. It covers:
- Reasons to make later-life planning part of your financial plan
- How to create long-term financial security
- Why care is something you should think about.
If you have any questions about your long-term plan or care, please contact us.
10 simple but effective ways
To create a better you
Search the internet and you’ll find a myriad of self-help sites aimed at helping you to improve your life and get the most out of it. Our latest guide explores some practical steps you can take to improve your overall wellbeing now and in the future.
Among the steps that can help create a better you are:
- Setting out your goals
- Making your mental wellbeing a priority
- Spending time on the things you enjoy
- Getting outdoors
- Creating a financial plan.
Download 10 simple but effective ways to create a better you to discover some of the things you can do to improve your life in the short and long term.
Technology has made it easier than ever for scammers to target victims, and the tactics they use are becoming more sophisticated. So, what can you do to protect yourself?
Our latest guide has been released to coincide with Scams Awareness Fortnight and provides the information, tips, and red flags you need to know to protect your assets. You might think you’d never fall for a scam, but it can be more difficult than you think to spot them. According to Action Fraud, more than £11 million has been lost to Covid-19-related scams alone. It’s important to remain vigilant and protect yourself and others.
In our guide you can find out about:
- The cost and impact of scams on victims
- How to spot a scam, including the red flags to keep in mind
- The most common types of scams
- The psychology behind scams and why many go unreported
- What you can do to protect your pension
- The organisations that can help you if you’re worried about scams.
The history of investing and
What you can learn from the past
Investing has been around for centuries and the basics haven’t changed as much as you might think. Technology has changed how we invest, but some of the investment lessons from the past are just as relevant today as they were in the 1600s.
Our latest guide looks at the foundations of modern investing, and what you can learn from the past, including:
- How the first stock markets came to be
- Why you should focus on the long term
- Why it’s important to diversify
- Why it’s impossible to consistently predict market movements
- How following the crowd can mean you don’t choose investments that are right for you.
Download The history of investing and what you can learn from the past to learn more about how investing began and why some of the lessons still apply today.