How we work
Understanding and listening are crucial to the start of the journey. Our initial conversations cover four key points:
- An understanding about you. What is important to you and motivates you? Your immediate, medium and longer-term goals in life.
- Some fact-finding, gathering and analysing your financial data to identify your current position.
- Your investment preferences, attitude to and capacity for both risk and reward.
- Your time horizons for achieving your priorities.
We will begin to develop your plan, underpinning it with a cashflow model. This will give your plan a reality check and help you make good, informed decisions.
- We will capture your changing income streams and lifestyle expenditure through current and future life stages, and we will look at your “what if” scenarios.
- We will highlight, in real terms, where you are now and where you are going if nothing changes.
- Your plan will provide a clear map that illustrates the impact of any financial decisions you may want to make, identifying what’s necessary to get to where you want to be.
We will begin to implement the changes we have agreed on and start to turn your plan into a reality. We know that a plan without action is not a plan that can effect change, so:
- We focus on actionable priorities.
- We explain our recommendations.
- We get your approval to take action.
- We act and review our actions with you.
We provide regular plan monitoring and management to ensure your plan constantly evolves over time. We commit to the following:
- Holding a review after implementation to confirm we are on the agreed course.
- Formal plan management updates and regular contact with you.
- Ensuring your plan remains current and achievable by monitoring progress and making adjustments.
- Ensuring you have the flexibility you need to accommodate the inevitable unknowns.